Explore the Possibilities
Reach higher, go further!
One of our values is GROWTH - we are focused on the development of our people and the future. That's why we make sure that you are welcomed on to your journey with us even before day one.
Then throughout your time with us, we will make sure that you have the training to do an amazing job and to feel confident with serving our guests and working within a team.
We will listen to what your ambitions are, what your ideal career will be and we will help you to get there as best we can. All we need is for you engage in the learning we have in store for you!
Pre-employment & Onboarding
After you receive our offer of employment, we will send you some e-forms to complete along with links to some mandatory training which you will need to complete before you start with us.
Then you will receive information on what to do and where to go on your first day for your onboarding session.
When you join The Celtic Collection, you’re joining an organisation that is committed to your professional development and training – helping you achieve your career goals so that you can help the business achieve its goals.
We believe that you own your own career and we provide meaningful resources to help you grow so we can grow together.
From internal training sessions to paid resources, online opportunities to external certified programs, memberships of professional associations to leadership development - there is something for everyone.
Opportunities to develop are limitless with the Celtic Collection. Tell us about your aspirations so we can work together to get you there. Here at The Celtic Collection it’s all about creating opportunities for you to be your best.
We will support you in your first 12 weeks specifically on the training you will need to be great at your job. Then you will be supported on your learning journey throughout your time with us with exciting learning opportunities such as apprenticeships, management and leadership programmes to name a few.
How we learn
We believe in a learning framework known as “70:20:10” which means:
- 70% of learning takes place on the job (learning in-the-flow),
- 20% through interaction and collaboration, and
- 10% through formal learning interventions such as classroom training and digital curricula.
You will create an individual learning journey and the Learning & Development function will help sign-post you to ways that support how you like to learn.
Learning can be informal or formal in a classroom, coaching and mentoring, on-the-job instruction, apprenticeships, leadership shadowing, experiential and action-based learning, on-demand digital learning, and informal drop in sessions.
Social technologies such as LinkedIn, Ted Talks, The Open University, live webinars, podcasts and bitsized video content will also play a role in how we will help you to learn.
Who we learn with
We are very proud to partner up with amazing and supportive education providers. We work with:
- The University of South Wales - The University of South Wales run their BA (Hons) Hotel and Hospitality Management degree in direct partnership with us. This ground-breaking course aims to produce the next generation of hotel and hospitality managers.
- Cambrian Training Company - Help us to deliver apprenticeships in front office, culinary, food and beverage.
- Babcock - Support learners in apprenticeships in leisure and personal training.
- Vatel France Hotel and Tourism School - Provide work placement students within our events departments.
- The Institute of Tourism Studies Malta - Provide culinary work placement students.