Please read our latest update HERE
Golf Safety: Playing it Safe
Golf is the ideal sport for social distancing as you walk in the fresh air of our hundreds of acres of fairways. You’ll also find social distancing measures in place in our clubhouse facilities and we have made a number of changes to our playing procedures to increase the safety of golfers and minimise the risks of spreading Coronavirus.
Booking your Round
- Golfers must book online and prepay in advance.
- Maximum amount of players: 4
- Currently we can accept 4 ball bookings from up to a maximum of two households.
- Any 4 ball bookings comprised of three or four households will be split into two 2 ball bookings until 26th April 2021.
- Golfers may only book and play if they are symptom-free of COVID-19, are not in self-isolation, and have not been overseas in the past 14 days.
Arriving at Celtic Manor Resort
- Golfers should arrive ready to play and change into their golf shoes in the car park.
Clubhouse and Facilities
- Clubhouses open from 9.00am - 5.00pm with check-in reception desk and access to toilets.
- Clubhouse bars, restaurants, changing rooms and showers remain closed.
- Pro shops open and hire items available.
- Custom-fit sessions and outdoor tuition sessions are available but the academy driving range remains unavailable until 19th April.
- Takeaway hot food and beverages can be purchased from The Greenside Grill (located at halfway point of Roman Road and The Montgomerie courses) and the Halfway House (Twenty Ten Course).
- Contactless card payment only, no cash can be accepted.
- Buggies and trolleys available to hire.
- Short Game and Putting Greens open, players must use their own golf balls.
- Warm up area at the Twenty Ten open for pre‐round use only. Balls dispensed in buckets and sanitised upon every collection from range.
- Golfers are required to adhere to the two-metre social distancing recommendation at all times with other players. They should be particularly mindful on the tee, on the green and while searching for golf balls in the rough.
- Flagsticks should be left in throughout the round, even when holing out.
- Hole cups have been modified to allow easy retrieval of the golf ball without touching the flagstick.
- Bunker rakes and other course furniture have been removed. Players should smooth sand with their club and/or feet after playing from bunkers. Bunkers will be raked as frequently as possible by our greenkeeping team.
- If a ball is lost or unplayable, golfers must not go back to play the shot again to avoid congestion on the course.
After your Round
- Club and shoe cleaning will not be available.
- Changing rooms and showers will not be available.
- Takeaway hot food and beverages can be purchased from the Greenside Grill (located between the Golf Clubhouse and the car park).
We are delighted to be able to welcome you to our golf courses with these safety measures in place, and we look forward to seeing you for a round.
Book a tee time HERE