Golf Safety: Playing it Safe
Golf is the ideal sport for social distancing as you walk in the fresh air of our hundreds of acres of fairways. You’ll also find social distancing measures in place in our limited clubhouse facilities and we have made a number of changes to our playing procedures to increase the safety of golfers and minimise the risks of spreading Coronavirus.
Booking your Round
- Golfers must book online and prepay in advance.
- Tee times are available from 08:00 – 17:30 and no casual play will be permitted after this time.
- Golfers may only book and play if they are symptom-free of COVID-19, are not in self-isolation, and have not been overseas in the past 14 days.
Arriving at Celtic Manor Resort
- Please travel to the golf course via the main Resort entrance (via B4237).
- Golfers should only travel to the golf courses with members of their own household.
- Arrival should be timed no earlier than 20 minutes prior to their tee time reservation (or 30 minutes for the longer walk to the Twenty Ten Course).
- Alternate parking spaces should be left free in the car park where possible.
- Golfers should arrive ready to play and change into their golf shoes in the car park.
- Limited Clubhouse facility open with check-in reception desk and toilets.
- Pro Shops are open with social distancing measures in place 7.30am - 5.30pm
- Bars, restaurants, changing rooms and showers are all closed.
- Limited range of ambient beverages, snacks and golf essentials and accessories will be available to purchase from the check-in desk.
- Contactless card payment only, no cash can be accepted.
- No buggies, trolleys or rental equipment will be available to hire.
- All practice and warm-up facilities will be closed.
- Golfers are required to adhere to the two-metre social distancing recommendation at all times with other players. They should be particularly mindful on the tee, on the green and while searching for golf balls in the rough.
- Flagsticks should be left in throughout the round, even when holing out.
- Hole cups will be inverted to allow easy retrieval of the golf ball without touching the flagstick. This should be done with a gloved hand.
- Bunker rakes and other course furniture have been removed. Players should smooth sand with their club and/or feet after playing from bunkers. Bunkers will be raked as frequently as possible by our greenkeeping team.
- If a ball is lost or unplayable, golfers must not go back to play the shot again to avoid congestion on the course.
After your Round
- Club and shoe cleaning will not be available.
- Only clubhouse toilets will be available to use.
- Depart as quickly as possible.
Existing Visitor Tee Times
- Existing 4 ball bookings will split into two 2 ball bookings.
- Existing 3 ball bookings will be split into one 2 ball and one 1 ball bookings.
Please note that only essential course maintenance has been permitted during the Coronavirus lockdown so golfers should not expect our normal standards of pristine course presentation. Every endeavour will be made to provide the best possible playing conditions but slightly longer grass heights on greens and across the golf courses will be inevitable, along with a small number of damaged bunkers, as we bring the environment back into shape.
We are delighted to be able to reopen our golf courses with these safety measures in place, and we look forward to seeing you for a round.
Book a tee time HERE