COVID-19 Level 4 LOCKDOWN
Please read our latest update HERE
Golf Safety: Playing it Safe
Golf is the ideal sport for social distancing as you walk in the fresh air of our hundreds of acres of fairways. You’ll also find social distancing measures in place in our clubhouse facilities and we have made a number of changes to our playing procedures to increase the safety of golfers and minimise the risks of spreading Coronavirus.
Booking your Round
- Golfers must book online and prepay in advance.
- Tee times are available from 08:00 – 18:30 and no casual play will be permitted after this time.
- Golfers may only book and play if they are symptom-free of COVID-19, are not in self-isolation, and have not been overseas in the past 14 days.
Arriving at Celtic Manor Resort
- Golfers should arrive ready to play and change into their golf shoes in the car park.
Clubhouse and Facilities
- Clubhouse changing rooms and showers remain closed. Check-in reception desk, pro shop, toilets, restaurants and bars are open, with social distancing measures in place.
- Golf Club Pro Shop open 7.30am - 5.30pm
- Twenty Ten Pro Shop open 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Indoor and al fresco dining and refreshments are available at the clubhouses.
- Hot food and beverages can also be purchased from The Greenside Grill (located at halfway point of Roman Road and The Montgomerie courses) and the Halfway House (Twenty Ten Course).
- Contactless card payment only, no cash can be accepted.
- Buggies and trolleys are available to hire.
- Golf Academy open 12pm - 8pm Monday to Friday; 9am - 5pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Short Game and Putting Greens open with own use balls only.
- Warm up area at the Twenty Ten open for pre‐round use only. Balls to be dispensed in buckets and sanitised once collected from range.
- Golfers are required to adhere to the two-metre social distancing recommendation at all times with other players. They should be particularly mindful on the tee, on the green and while searching for golf balls in the rough.
- Flagsticks should be left in throughout the round, even when holing out.
- Hole cups have been modified to allow easy retrieval of the golf ball without touching the flagstick.
- Bunker rakes and other course furniture have been removed. Players should smooth sand with their club and/or feet after playing from bunkers. Bunkers will be raked as frequently as possible by our greenkeeping team.
- If a ball is lost or unplayable, golfers must not go back to play the shot again to avoid congestion on the course.
After your Round
- Club and shoe cleaning will not be available.
- Changing rooms and showers will not be available.
- Al fresco and indoor dining and refreshments are available at clubhouses.
We are delighted to be able to welcome you to our golf courses with these safety measures in place, and we look forward to seeing you for a round.
Book a tee time HERE