Head Chef Tim McDougall reveals the recipe for sweetening up your loved one this Valentine's Day.
Rasberry Delice Recipe
Serves 2 - 4
2 leaves of gelatine
100g double cream
70g egg whites
1. Purée the raspberries and pass through a sieve into a saucepan.
2. Reduce the purée over a high heat until you have 200g of purée left.
3. Soak the gelatine in water then dissolve into the warm purée, cool to room temperature.
4. Whip the cream to soft peaks then boil the sugar and water together until they reach 120°C.
5. Whisk the egg whites until frothy and then carefully pour in the boiled sugar, whisking continuously with an electric whisk. Carry on whisking until you have a smooth, shiny meringue that has cooled to room temperature.
6. Fold the meringue, fruit purée and cream together until they become one colour. Pour or spoon into moulds or glasses, then leave to set in the fridge.
In Terry M, Tim likes to serve this on a chocolate biscuit base with cream cheese ice cream.
Discover more suite treats for your loved one this Valentine's Day