A Winning Destination For Sports Teams
The experienced teams at The Celtic Manor Resort, Football Association of Wales and Newport International Sports Village have a wealth of experience in hosting international sports teams for competitions and training camps.
Due to the world-class facilities and highly accessible location, Newport is a proven springboard to sporting success for teams preparing and training for competition at the highest level. Many Premier League and international football teams have chosen Newport and The Celtic Manor Resort as their base prior to big games.
Your team can prepare for success thanks to the high performance partnership between Celtic Manor, Newport City Council and the Football Association of Wales providing:
- A world-class five star hotel and resort, including two state-of-the-art techno gyms
World-class football training facilities - premier grass and FIFA 2 star 3G surface
- Access to top quality medical provision
- World-class performance nutrition
- Access to audio-visual equipment and meeting areas to aid final team preparations
- Experienced teams with a proven record of success hosting world-class events, athletes and training camps (including safety, security and media relations).
- Experienced personnel focused on delivering performance and exceeding client expectations
Tailored Sports Nutrition
Our award-winning chefs will tailor special team menus to meet your individual requirements. All dishes are made using low fat ingredients and/or lean cuts of meat, avoiding large amounts of garlic, spices and oils.
> Download sample Sports Menus PDF
Situated at Newport International Sports Village, less than 10 minutes from Celtic Manor, the new multi-million pound Dragon Park football training facility is set to become the national epicentre for developing future generations of top players and coaches.
The world-class facilities at Dragon Park include:
- Fibre sand premium grade grass pitch (floodlit)
- Second grass pitch
- Synthetic warm up and goal keeping area
- Also available on site 3G artificial FIFA 2-star pitch with 50-seater stand*
- Two changing rooms
- Plunge pools
- Treatment room (3 treatment tables)
- Board room that can seat up to 100 delegates. Flexible, multi-purpose meeting room (1500 sq ft)
- Two smaller meeting rooms for 6-12 people (166 sq ft and 330 sq ft)
- Player Zone – Flexible space which acts as a fantastic learning zone or a place to relax and unwind (smart board, monitors and tv available).
- Free Wi-Fi
- Smart board technology
*Please note this 3G pitch is behind the velodrome and separate to the FAW facilities
Ideal for both training and competitive games, this new FIFA two star 3G astro-turf pitch meets the same standards as many top European football clubs and is available for year-round hire from just £58 per hour.
Price inclusive of VAT.
For more information please contact our Events Team on 01633 410252
Buy a Corporate